Thursday, May 26, 2005

Folklife this weekend

I'm not a hippie but I have to wonder what it means when I need to preface more and more of my comments in life this way. Maybe I am a hippie. No matter. Hippies and non-hippies alike are going to put the good old Seattle Center fountain to good use this hot and sticky weekend as the Northwest Folklife Festival floats and spins into Seattle. Sure, it will clog Uptown up but, really, you should park that Volvo and strap on the birkenstocks, anyhow, no?

Folklife is a lot of the best things about Bumbershoot -- lots of people having fun, outdoor music, dancing and oddness -- without a lot of the Bumber-bad things like long lines and tons of UW frat boys. Should be good times - crazy wonderful people, tunes, chow and, surprise, surprise, glorious, beautiful sunshine.

No comments: