Sunday, July 24, 2005

Bite of Seattle name change?


A Picture Share!
Originally uploaded by digitalreporter.
Really, I don't know where Bite of Seattle came from (I'll have to google it later or just live with the mystery),and what its mission is today. But I'd love to see one itsy bitsy change (that I'm not sure will scale!) -- I'm cool with plunking down $5 for a tasty sandwich after I've perused the 100s of food booths but I'd rather buy lots of bites. Think 'Bites' of Seattle. As it was, I was able to sample a bite of my companions' tasty snacks (thanks girlfriend!), but I don't have enough friends to get a bite of everything.

We visited the Bite today to see the crowd and get some chow. Amazing how many people were there to do the same thing, wandering pretty much aimlessly, kind of trying to get somewhere but really just going nowhere with nothing much to do but listen to music and eat. Ladies and gentlemen, the human condition!

Between Folklife and Bite of Seattle, the free fests at the Seattle Center are pretty darn incredible. Super kudos to whoever plans these things -- I have no idea how you pull it together. Just planning a BBQ for 5 overwhelms us -- planning to feed thousands? Yikes.

No comments: