Monday, August 15, 2005

Queen Anne land rush

In neighbor news, let the bidding begin. Queen Anne's school-house apartments are being converted to condos.

Condo conversion will be lucrative, but not for district

The Times avoids the covetous-condo-hunter angle and focuses on the scool district's lack of foresight. Sadly, it seems this obvious move was not so obvious when the school district signed onto the deal 20 years ago, says the Times. No word on what the SeaTimes had to say about things back in the 80s, of course ;)

Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure, but I think I remember it being a problematic proposition - they had to preserve the building, but its infrastructure was crumbling. I'm not an apologist for developers (though I think Lorig is one of the more conscientious), but I can see where it might not have been that tasty of a project back then.

K and/or J said...

yeah, I've got no real beef with Lorig over this -- though I think it would be cool if he'd find a way to put a small chunk of his big bet winnings back into the area (but i do like that i misspelled 'scool'!)